Table of Contents
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Beet Root Juice
- Blowing Balloons
- Cell Foods
- Coconut Oil
- Colloidal Silver
- COPD Advice
- COPD Remedies
- DMSO, Colloidal Silver
- DMSO, MSM
- Dry Vs. Wet
- General Feedback
- Homeopathic Remedy
- Hot Cooking Spices
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen Peroxide Inhalation Method
- Magnesium Sulfate
- Mold in Your Building
- MSM, Supplements
- Multiple Remedies
- N-Acetyl Cysteine
- Natural Microdose Dna
- Nebulizer Treatment
- Oil Pulling
- Remedies Needed
- Sea Salt
- Ted's Remedies
- Ted's Remedies Reader Feedback
- Yerba Sante
Last Modified on Mar 24, 2014<< Continued from page 4
Natural Microdose Dna
05/26/2010: Robert from Martinez, Ca: "For those with C.O.P.D. & other respiratory ailments, please check research on 'natural microdose DNA' which is not a product name but a natural substance with research & use for humans & also in the veterinary fields. The price for the product is very reasonable for its effectiveness & is available to all as it is not a drug."Replies
[YEA] 05/27/2010: Vicki from New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand replies: "Hi everybody. I'd like support what Robert said about Natural Microdose DNA. I've got an earlier post about my father using this product for his emphysema. He's improving all the time. His peak flow meter has risen even further from my previous post, written three weeks ago. It's now rarely below 200 and several times has been 220. He made more rapid progress when he started putting the drops underneath his tongue instead of on top of his tongue as he had been doing. I've just ordered another bottle from iherb.com. It costs me $NZ60 for one bottle plus courier to New Zealand, which only takes six days. Of course, this would be less in US dollars. A bottle lasts about two months at the normal dose, so it's pretty cheap, especially for something that actually works!! Obviously, other places sell it, apart from iherb.com, but if you go to their site and put "Natural Microdose DNA" or "Salmon DNA" in the search box, the product will come up and you will be able to read some very positive customer reviews about it. I hope it can help some of you with respiratory conditions, like it is helping Dad.
All the best,
10/21/2010: Linda from Jefferson City, Mo U.s.a. replies: "I am sending this to Vicki from New Zealand and the natural microdose DNA that she purchased for her father. I went to www.iherb.com and could not find it. I did email them and told them that I needed some assistance in locating this product. They emailed me back and said that they could not find it either. I really would like to try some. Could you advise what to do next? I hope your father is doing wonderful. He does not know how lucky he is to have a caring, loving person there to help him out. You go girl!!! Thanks Linda"
11/19/2010: K from Good Ole, Usa replies: "Try typing in Salmon DNA like I did. She said to search for it that way. I found it. Good luck."
11/21/2010: Warren from Costa Mesa, Calif., Usa replies: "Google Mucolyxir. There you have your Natural Microdose DNA"
[YEA] 01/31/2011: Pattianne from Federal Way, Washington, Usa replies: "After numerous searches & great difficulty I found this product... Called Mucolyxir from an organic pharmacy in NC. High daily dose of D3 (do get tested! ), a garlic/habanero pepper tincture, systemic enzymes and daily exercise have kept me pneumonia free for the first year in over 10 yrs. This is a blessing and I hope you find yours! Not all products work for all people."
07/07/2011: Robert from Nokomis, Florida/ Usa: "I have COPD (emphysema). You mention Tes about cayene peppers, mullim & etc. Do you mix this for inhalation? When I do my nebulizer treatment what do I mix to get the Avioli working and excrete the junk! Now I do a regular nebuliser treatment with 0.83 albuterol. I do inhale eculyptus in the moring from its bottle. What else? I do Advair and spiriva... That is for everybody I guess. Help Me Please, Bob"Replies
07/08/2011: Mmsg from Somewhere, Europe replies: "read up on h2o2 inhalation, here on this site."
11/17/2010: Jerroll from Humble, Texas,usa: "I've just started OP with Sunflower oil. I have been told that I have COPD with 1/4 decrease in lung function. Has anyone been helped with OP ? If so what oil should I use?"Replies
11/18/2010: Livia from The Woodlands, Tx replies: "Based on all I've read about OP'ing, you may have to try different oils to find what works best for you. I also wanted to mention a couple of other possibly useful aids: one is serrapeptase, which is a supplement that dissolves fibrotic lesions in the body. Some folks with copd'ers are breathing more easily since using that. Be careful if you tend to bleed easily, though, or are taking a blood thinner. The other idea is to find a breathing technique that works for you. Life Lift and Bodyflex are two funny-looking ones that can help a lot. Fine for most people, unless you have high blood pressure or glaucoma, (or are pregnant, which I'm thinking doesn't apply to you). I've seen a demo of the bodyflex breath on youtube before. The life lift version is slower and gentler (the bodyflex founder learned it from the life lift lady, actually. )
Basically, you gently blow all the air out of your lungs through your mouth, as if blowing through a tube... A martial arts article explained that there are multiple benefits to doing it this way, btw... Then a big inhale through the nose (smile to open up your nostrils to their widest), hold a second or three, then blast the air out, and pop your lips as you say "Paaaaaaaah. " It isn't vocalized, it's just air. Then you hold your breath and suck in your gut as if rolling up your abs. In fact, there is a yoga move like this. Hold your breath. With practice, you will feel the suction as you do it, and when you release the air and hear a sucky sound. Hold as long as you feel comfortable holding your breath, but you don't need to go longer than a count of eight or so, and repeat. Fifteen minutes a day should dramatically help oxygenation and lung flexibility. If you have contraindications for that sort of breathing, then incorporating any gentler, intentional breathing exercises into your day should be a must on your daily to-do list."
[YEA] 11/30/2012: Lucille from Waycross, Ga: "I knew it was wonderful for cold and flu but I read up on it and it said for chronic conditions take two with every meal. So copd is chronic condition. I tried it an what a blessing to me. It helps with the mucus and just makes you feel better. I hope this helps somebody."Replies
12/03/2012: Megg from North Vernon, Indiana replies: "Does it help with the breathing? is it safe? :)"
08/06/2012: Freda from Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada: "I have been reading everyone's post on COPD remedies ( dsmo, msm, hydrogen perxoide etc... I would like to know if anyone has used Ted's remedy for the MSM and DMSO and found it to be effective?? Or can anyone suggest a remedy/cure that has worked for them.
I have moderate to severe COPD and can really use help on a safe and effective cure for this horrible disease.
06/25/2012: Freda from Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada: "Can anyone suggest some advice for COPD. I was diagnosed with it for 5 years and it is getting worse. I would like some advice on what may help it."Replies
06/26/2012: Gloria from Portland, Or replies: "Coenzyme Q-10 (or, more simply - Co-Q-10) is great for COPD. This is an enzyme that is naturally produced by the human body, naturally present, but that declines with age. Also, many prescription drugs (like those for high blood pressure, statins, and diabetes drugs) will deplete CoQ10. I'm 56 and take 100 mg per day; a 90 year old friend of mine takes 300 mg per day (i. e. 100 mg 3 x per day). It has helped us both tremendously (and yes, my friend has been diagnosed with COPD). What I find is that it increases my physical energy in a wonderful way. In the US, you can find CoQ10 at Trader Joe stores, on the internet through discount vitamin sources, at any local health food store, etc.
06/26/2012: Bess from Calgary, Alberta, Canada replies: "Hi Freda - Have you tried any of the Earth Clinic's remedies? Here are the links for COPD, as well as lung diseases and infections:
I've heard good things about serrapeptase but it was usually from testimonials on Web sites that sell the product. However, if you do an Internet search for serrapeptase and COPD, you may find some valid research. Hope you find something that will work for you. Best wishes, Bess"
06/28/2012: Dcky from Anson, Maine replies: "Dr Becker on t.v. daily m/f suggests taking cordyceps/royal jelly to slow progression. I would also try a product called breath easy tea from health food store."
11/20/2011: Sheila from Worcester, Ma: "I was diagnosed with COPD mild to moderate, about a month ago. I was given an inhaler combivent, and see the DOC in 3 months. I FEEL AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT TO DO! All I HEAR IS CHRONIC! I HAVEN'T SMOKED IN SIX YEARS WHAT CAN I DO TO improve my condition or at the very least stabalize it? I GET A DIFFERENT STORY from natural food stores; THEY TRY TO SELL ME EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN WITH NO REGARD HOW DIFFERENT HERBS WILL REACT WITH OTHERS WHERE DO I Start? NOT short of BREATH, BUT I DO FEEL PRESSURE ON MY abdomen. Doc told me to lose weight. Any feedback would be appreciated.
03/22/2011: Colin from Armagh, Northern Ireland: "what are dmso and msn and where do you get it from for copd?"Replies
03/23/2011: Francisca from Michelbach-le-bas, Alsace, France replies: "I have read a couple of good books on MSM which also mention DMSO. I will try to post the reviews on the book section as soon as I can. Both give you a lot of information."
07/26/2010: Tim from Ashland, Ky: "My father has severe COPD with other complications; he takes heart medicine, diuretics' for retaining fluid and has been on oxygen 24/7 for over 10 years. He can't walk no more than about 12 steps before gasping for air. He also has really thick secretions of phlegm. I use the H202 morning and night and I can tell significant differences in breathing, energy and less back pain. I'm 48 and he is 73. He was a smoker since age 10 and myself for 32 years before quitting. What would you suggest to give him some relief?"Replies
03/26/2011: Pat721 from Alpine, Tn replies: "Tim, Will try to keep this short. I've had COPD past 6 yrs. Have recently tried h2o2 internally from 3 drops to 25 drops (which was just too strong) stopped taking - mistake - back on 10 drops in small glass of juice. Also taking internally through nebulizer. Not doing physicians prescribed nebulizer medicine. Not coubhing anything up - never did.
You might want to try your dad on the nebulizer once in awhile - but I prefer the h2o2 over other.
As for getting sick - we (husband and I) don't. We take in orally 3 drops of oil when ever we go out in public. We also take lots and lots of supplements
Another important point - a MUST - you and your dad need to do the breathing exercises described a little bit above your post of 7/6/10
Next you and your dad need to exercise. I use cans of vegies as weights to exercise my arms. I'm planning on purchasing a mini stationary bike for inhouse exercises. If you have any questions or comments email me at pfhpersonal(at)hotmail(dot)com"
12/09/2009: Taylor from Sydney, Nsw, Australia: "My aunty has COPD very severely and has never touched a cigarette in her life. Your research is very helpful but unfortunately not for us. She has had to move very far from her family just so the air is better for her and has been told she has got between 3 months and a year left. Her lungs are at 34% and when she gets to 30% she will need to be on oxygen every day. A lung transplant is also out of the question as she is too sick to go through the operation. I don't know very much about the disease but i know there isn't a cure yet. Hopefully one day there will be!"Replies
12/13/2009: Dott from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Usa replies: "Supplemental magnesium may help your auntie some. I know that I have read of its usefullness for asthma, and other lung ailments.."
04/30/2010: Clarence from Dilley, Texas replies: "Elderberry concentrate works wonders. Israel is using this to prolong life of those infected with aids and is using it for lung ailments. Dad has improved dramatically with his copd, breathing becomes easier within 5 minutes of taking one teaspoonful every two to four hours. My wife and son both have asthma. We have used elderberry for 3 years now with wonderful results."
08/27/2009: Michael H from Grankulla, Nyland, Finland: "COPD
Hi my name is Michael and I'm living in Finland.
I yesterday was told that I will ASAP have to prepare for lung transplant...
Dear god of what I hear only 40 % here make it and then after...
So last night I was searching for cures and came across this page - WONDERFULL.
Please tell me did anyone get so much better that they could avoid a transplant?
And maybe even get better????
I'd love to be able to share ...even on phone or Skype with persons who have
any positive results....like Ted (Is all well, I'd like to know)
I must admit that I only understand half of what Ted's experience is
All about but am willing to learn, as the other option is close.
01/13/2010: Panamagirl from Lol, Fl, Usa replies: "Just wanted to see how you were doing. Did you try the H202. Or did you get the transplant? Please let me know. I hope all is well. Sincerely, Panamagirl"
03/12/2011: Deckers1 from Sterling, Co, Usa replies: "I am not into huffing H2O2 but I did a blog on COPD after my mother was diagnosed with it. She has been doing fine since 2007 when she was hospitalized and nearly died. I went to College for 7 years and majored in Chemistry and Engineering, plus studied Microbiology prior to my mother's hospitalization.
My blog with over 100 pages of information on Emphysema is at : www.savetheeconomydotcom.wordpress.com
Leave a message if you read it and any of the over 100 ideas and updates help you out any. I know it is far more controversial than this website, but I thought it might change somebody's luck and help.
Good luck; Andy"
06/24/2012: Jenjen from Bath, England: "i have just found this which some people may find interesting... salt therapy :) http://www.saltcave.co.uk/copd.html"
[YEA] 12/14/2009: Rv from Huntington Beach, Ca, USA: "Sea Salt for Pneumonia
I have (usually) mild asthma. I visited a dusty wildflower area and contracted fungal pneumonia. The doctor did not apply effective antibiotics, because the infection was fungal, and he initially misdiagnosed it. The infection continued for weeks, and hardened into chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Over the next year I tried many remedies. Then I found an interesting fact. The ocean has millions of antibacterial virions per liter. This is why there are so few bacteria there: predation. I live in an oceanside city, and have no problem getting clean, fresh seawater. I spat some infected sputum into a bottle of seawater and diluted it to invisibility. The idea was that any virus would rapidly multiply by killing and eating the bacteria of my infection. Then over a week, I sprayed the water and inhaled it. My coughing got worse, but then air began to penetrate past the blockages and I began to cough them up; some looked like french fries. I'm now healthy.
I think a similar effort might work with artificial seawater made from organic sea salt. The idea is that it must be organic so that the antibacterial virions would need to be preserved in the salt."Replies
08/17/2012: Dan from Clearwater, Florida replies: "Rv, I have a couple of questions about your post.
1) I just read the Wikipedia article on "Fungal Pneumonia" which is informative but left me wondering... What type of fungus was involved in your case?
2) I'm interpreting your description to mean that you cultured spit (sputum) in sea water to get a more potent viral concentration that would be more effective on the bacteria of your infection. But if it was a "fungal pneumonia" doesn't that mean that it was a fungus involved instead of bacteria?
3) Did you try inhaling any of the sea/salt water before trying the "culturing"? (i.e. , might this work by just inhaling a mist of just plain seawater or perhaps just plain saltwater made from refined table-salt, not from sea-salt?)"
01/09/2012: Patsy May from Canvey Island, Essex, United Kingdom: "Hi everyone my name is Patricia. I am from Essex England.
I have not long ago found this site, I bought a E book (how I cured COPD in 6 weeks) found link from this. What an amazing site. Ted sounds like a godsend to everyone it's nice to know their are people out there who do care.
I started my programme 5 days ago. Am doing 35% food grade starting 1 drop in 8ozs distilled water 3xday and increasing by 1 drop each day till 26 drops 3x day stay on this for week then start reducing drops till I get to maintence level. I take 1st glass 1st thing in morning about 7am on empty stomach then breakfast 1 hr later, have lunch about miday 12.30 with a drink of barley leaf powder and raw honey, take 2nd dose 3 hours later, about 3. 30 pm, have main meal about 5pm then last dose about 8pm. Does this sound about right?
I am a novice and all or any advice is welcome. I am starting to feel some benefits more energy and breathing much easier. Have seen a lot about taking bicarbonte of soda and sea salt 1/4 teaspoon to 5 litres water, as I am distilling my water(have a water distiler machine) would it be alright to put into my distiled water which I put my HP in.
Hope this post find the right place. I am really going to give this my all, as have heard and read some fantastic (almost unbealivable ) results from following this regime.
My best wishes to everyone out there and a very HEALTHY New Year. Pat"
01/27/2008: Ted from Bangkok, Thailand: "Over the past couple of days I have been researching and performing experiments to find a remedy based on looking into the cause of emphysema/COPD.
Since a large majority of people had emphysema came from smoking I further investigated what components of smoking was responsible for the emphysema and why this situation can't be reversed, but what I found is that it CAN be reversed.
If we look into the components of the smoke as well as photos of lung samples of people with emphysema, this should give you a fair idea what is causing the problem. A smoke from a cigarettes has many volatile oils, smoke particulates, naphtha, nicotine, and tar. What is most interesting is that volatile oils are volatile, so that won't have a lasting effect on the lungs. A smoke particulates basically is expelled when mucus is created, and are often coughed out. A naphtha is less volatile and may slowly sublime. This leaves the sticky resinous component that most people call it tar. It shows itself as dark very sticky spots on the lungs. These resinous sticky black substance are non volatile. It is hydrophobic and can't be dissolved with water, mucous can't lift it out because it is sticky. The body under normal conditions can't remove the tar.
These black resin or rosin substance that is very sticky from a plant and has some smoke particulates, but mostly it is referred to as pitch (resin) that stays into the lung forever and the tar accumulates along the lifetime of the smoker and therefore the lungs get more black tar making breathing more difficult. Therefore a simple remedy is simply to find a suitable solvent that will dissolve the tar. Since a tar is hydrophobic, it is somewhat soluble, mostly anyways in alcohol solution. But in organic chemistry the universal organic solvent (almost) that is biologically safe is DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) or a sister MSM which may be a good solvent to dissolve the tar found in the lungs. I remembered at the time of storing a smoker's lung as a student but was particularly lazy and put them into an unknown solution which later proved to be DMSO which removed the tar out of the lungs thus irritating the teacher that I just cleaned out the smokers lungs! At the time I was not aware of the link between emphysema and smokers lung. Another suitable substance of MSM can also be used to dissolve the tar which caused the emphysema. Once the tar removes itself the lungs will no longer have the tar to block the breathing sacs of the aveolar. Not only that but the tar won't cause the irritations to the lungs which leads to inflammation, thus choking the vicitims whenever breathing passages are narrowed from the inflammation.
Therefore a simple remedy is either DMSO or MSM. So I decided to test this by getting a coal tar solution and burn the alcohol off leaving a sticky substance. I added some DMSO and see if they were any soluble to the coal tar. Surprisingly the DMSO was quite soluble of coal tar. As to whether MSM is equally soluble as a DMSO, it may not be as much, but at least what is known is it is can also be used to dissolve a wide range of organic solvents including cigarettes tar. The issue appears to be to take MSM or DMSO in high amounts necessary to remove them may take some time, but continued use will reduce the tar buildup that cause black lungs or black dots as the tar will dissolve itself whenever the blood his high in MSM or DMSO and is eliminated out slowly in the bloodstream as the capilaries with the DMSO, where the tar resin resides get dissolved. Another more direct way is to use a DMSO nebulizer, but so that the DMSO won't cause skin irritation, at least for me a 30-50% DMSO mixed with water should cause minimum irritation, while more dilute may limit its solubility of tar, ti will at least slowly dissolve itself without the irritation. It is therefore needed that to find a higher DMSO concentration used as nebulizers that doesn't cause irritation. So for me an ideal concentration appears to be about 50%, a more conservative number might be 30% so it is possible that some people can try higher concentration that does not cause irritation, but 30-50% is usually the best concentration to at least give it a try for me. When DMSO as nebulizers enter the lungs the resins will uptake the DMSO and gets dissolve. So that not TOO MUCH dissolved out of the lungs into the bloodstream, it should not be done too long such that a person becomes nauseated.
This I might also follow with taking some MSM as MSM don't have the oysters smell, such as one tablespoon with plenty of water. It should be noted that MSM that I tried in the past, if taken too much may lead to sudden thirst in water. This is because MSM has an effect of purifying the body ridding of other resinous material in the body which leads to regularly occuring allergy in certain areas of the body instead of other parts. Resinous tar substance that accumulates in the body is also removed whenever MSM or DMSO is taken, but rather slowly.
Therefore the best remedy based on physical evidence appears to be the use of MSM, the more I can take the better the body can get rid of the substance, but at the time a nebulizer DMSO should also be used. I remember someone has tried for emphysema and was helpful, but at the time no one was aware of how DMSO or MSM works, how much or how long and what it does and then since everyone was at a loss for explaination, the placebo effect was assumed or since no proper explaination was available, everyone at the forum simply forgot about the remedy or its potential effectiveness."
EC: Please read our feedback page on MSM, including little known side effects.
04/09/2011: Sem from Burbank, California replies: "Hi, I read Ted's Remedy today regarding DMSO treating lungs to rid them of tar from smoking. He also referred to taking MSM at the same time. I wanted to find out if he has actually tried this method or knows of others who have (I think he did mention someone) and what kind of results they had. I was hoping that Hydrogen Peroxide would clean out my lungs, but DMSO makes more sense because it is a natural solvent. I also wanted to find out if the pump spray method would be sufficient or would I need to get another method of delivery. Thank you. SEM"
05/03/2011: Investigator from Sacramento, USA replies: "Originally, I used to have chronic laryngitis for years, and Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease. I tried many different therapies basically almost all of them. I tried the following therapies with the following results:
1. Oregano Oil therapy- As advocated by Dr. Cass Ingram http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Cupboard-Oregano-Better-Health/dp/1931078270/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303859716&sr=8-1. This therapy does appear to work, but I cannot tolerate the taste of the oregano oil, and the burning sensation on my tongue. I actually have a white tongue with candida growing on it, a condition called oral thrush. So I placed a few drops of oregano oil on my tongue, and it does indeed kill candida, but I can't tolerate the taste and the burning lol. So in order for this therapy to be effective I would probably have to take a megadose, which I cannot tolerate, so I passed on following through with this therapy. Grade: Incomplete (good if you can tolerate the stuff I guess)
2. Colloidal Silver therapy- I originally tried colloidal silver, when I first acquired my respiratory problems. As a matter of fact I drank an entire 8oz or 16oz bottle of colloidal silver to see what would happen. The colloidal silver basically had no effect on my copd, because it was not contacting the site of infection, and going into the stomach and not the lungs. However, on the other hand when I nebulized colloidal silver, it was much more effective. I noticed a tingling sensation as I nebulized it into my lungs, and it felt like stuff was dying off. Unfortunately, nebulizing CS is very time consuming, and the benefit was rather short term. It benefited my lungs, and reduced the chest pains I had, but it didn't help my vocal cords. Grade: C when nebulized, D- when taken orally.
3. Superfood green powders- I used superfood green powder, but they had no effect on my lungs and vocal cords. Perhaps, they benefit when taken over a long period of time though, but I had no benefit from them personally. Grade: D-
4. Megadose Vitamin C therapy based on the Carthcart tit-rating to bowel tolerance protocol, combined with LypoSpheric Vitamin c, as advocated by The Vitamin C
Foundation http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm. Sadly, this therapy had no effect, and I think the theory behind it is wrong. I know for a fact I had chronic laryngitis, and copd, and it did not cure my condition. All it did was give me chronic diarrhea. Although, some people swear by this therapy and received benefit from it, but it simply did not work for me as advertised. Grade: D-
5. Iodine therapy as advocated by Dr. Brownstein https://www.drbrownstein.com/bookstore_Iodine.php (Please note that I own that book, and there is no mention of iodines effectiveness against viruses in it. It mostly concentrates on iodines role as a oral chelation agent). I noticed a big big improvement after taking nascent iodine. I am thinking this therapy is working for me, because it specifically targets the areas of my body that were infected. I am thinking it is having such a dramatic effect on me, because it is acting as a oral chelation agent, while simultaneously killing off my laryngitis. 95% of Americans are deficient in iodine due to bromide poisoning form eating bread, and I ate bread for years, which is why I think this is helping me. I think I'll try only lugols iodine to see if I receive the same dramatic benefits as the nascent iodine, to see if I can save money with similar benefits only using the cheaper lugols iodine. According to Dr. David Derry:
"Iodine circulating in the blood is captured by many tissue sites and ends up in mucus secretions. The tissues include thyroid and salivary glands, nasal secretions, stomach, and lungs. Collectively, these tissues and mucus products contain free iodine which defends against invasion by bacteria and viruses. The salivary glands, nasal mucosa, and lungs all secrete mucus which contains iodine.  The lungs not only secrete mucus, but Salter thought volatile iodine mixes with alveolar air to enter the bronchioles.  If this is occurs, it would serve as an additional barrier to the invading air borne viruses in a manner similar to aerosol iodine. Stomach mucosa captures iodine from blood and secretes it into stomach cavities. Free iodine in the stomach kills bacteria and viruses and it deactivates biological and chemical toxins. Dead viruses are still immunologically competent and thus antibodies can be made to dead viruses. [20, 22]
Overall, we see there is a complex integrated system for protecting humans from viral or bacterial invasions via oral, nasal, and gastrointestinal routes.  This system depends on taking adequate iodine orally.
From the largest manufactuerer of lugols iodine:
"Iodine is necessary for the thyroid gland's proper performance of its work. The human thyroid gland is located in the front of the lower part of the neck. All the blood in the body passes through the thyroid gland every 17 minutes. Because the cells making up this gland have an affinity for iodine, during this 17-minute passage the gland's secretion of iodine kills weak germs that may have gained entry into the blood through an injury to the skin, the lining of nose or throat, or through absorption of food from the digestive tract. Strong, virulent germs are rendered weaker during their passage through the thyroid gland. With each 17 minutes that rolls around they are made still weaker until finally they are killed if the gland has its normal supply of iodine. If it does not, it cannot kill harmful germs circulating in the blood as Nature intended it should."
IODINE THERAPY GRADE: A
6. Magnesium Therapy as advocated by Dr. Carolyn Dean http://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Miracle-Carolyn-Dean/dp/034549458X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303860088&sr=1-1. This therapy is very effective for me, because I have a soda addiction, and I was noticing pains in my hips, and having chest pains, from my laryngitis infection. I suspect calcium was being leeched from my bones due to my soda addiction, which would explain the hip pains, and the chest pains were caused by the laryngitis. After supplementing with a powdered vitamin containing Magnesium and Calcium the hip pains disappeared, and the chest pains and spasms where gone too. I believe explanation for, the chest pains being gone is explained on page 193-194 of Caroyln Dean's book "Magnesium Miracle":
" Magnesium is an excellent treatment for asthma because it is a bronchodilator and an antihistamine, naturally reducing histamine levels in the body. It has a calming effect on the muscles of the bronchial tubes and the whole body. Certainly, drug therapy for asthma can often be lifesaving;drugs however, are not curative. You have to eliminate the underlying cause of asthma and replace magnesium to fully treat this condition. Another study showed a correlation between intracellular magnesium levels and airway spasms. The investigators found that patients who had low cellular magnesium levels had increased bronchial spasm. This finding confirmed only only that magnesium was useful in the treatment of asthma by dilating the bronchial tubes but that lack of magnesium was probably a cause of this condition."
Please note that I tried the transdermal Magnesium Chloride therapy as advocated by Mark Sircus, BUT I STOPPED USING IT BECAUSE IT BURNS MY SKIN. I prefer to take magnesium powders that were designed to absorb well and taste good, combined with angstrom magnesium instead, because it is easier to do it that way. Approximately 2-3 teaspoons of a Magnesium/Calcium formula should be taken 5 hours apart. The angstrom magnesium can also be taken after the powdered magnesium, because it does not have a laxative effect, and is rapidly absorbed. Magnesium Chloride just doesn't seem to work for me.
7.Clay Baths- Clay baths perhaps work, but I stopped using them, because THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE XXX TO DO. Clay bath therapy requires you to put the clay in a blender, and there is a risk of the clay damaging your piping system. It's a total pain in the XXX to do clay baths, because it makes such a mess. Grade: D-
8. Zappers, and a Rife Machine. These therapies had zero benefit for me, and are very expensive. Maybe, it's because I just didn't have the patience for it though. But these therapies are very time consuming, like 1-2 hours a day is required, and I didn't want to just sit around zapping myself all day.
9. Oral chelation products such as spirulina, and chlorella. I couldn't stand the taste, and could not complete the therapy. Maybe, they work, maybe they don't so
10. Omega 3 fish oil. No effect. Grade: F
11. Olive Leaf therapy as advocated by Mortan Walker http://www.amazon.com/Olive-Leaf-Extract-Morton-Walker/dp/1575662264/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303863148&sr=1-1. I took 6 capsules a day with no benefit as instructed in the book. Sometimes I took 24 capsules a day just to see what would happen. Unfortunately, this therapy did not work for me even though it as advertised as highly effective against infection. Maybe, it works, maybe it doesn't Grade: D-
12. Hulda Clark Liver Flush. This therapy does work, and I indeed have liver stones come out. After you do enough flushes the stones stop coming out. It had no effect on my lungs and vocal cords, but my sinuses became less clogged up afterwords.
13. Modified Hulda Clark Liver Flush combined with Coconut Oil. There was this one time I decided to do a crazy experiment. Basically, I just did a regular Hulda Clark liver flush, except I removed the grapefruit, and combined the olive oil with coconut oil. THIS IS AN EXTREME HARDCORE THING TO DO, AND YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A LIVER FLUSH BEFORE, AND ITS YOUR DAY OFF SO YOU CAN SPEND HOURS AT THE TOILET. What I did was I took 2 teaspoons of epsom salts in water. The Epsom salts should clear out the bowels after 6-8 hours. Then I drank 5 ounces of Olive Oil, waited 4 hours. Next, I drank 4-6 ounces of coconut oil, and waited 8 hours. Then I drank 2 teaspoons of epsom salts in water, AND THEN MY FRIENDS HOURS UPON HOURS OF TOILET HELL INSUED. My stomach was in pain for hours, but I did clean out a lot of parasites doing that flush( the parasites were clearly visible to my naked eye), but I only did it once and decided not to do it again lol. I suspect the olive oil opens up the bile ducts and liver, and the coconut oil kills off the parasites. Typically, people are told to use a dewormer for 30 days before doing the liver cleanse instead of using coconut oil at the same time as the olive oil. I think I figured out why that one time, I did that extreme flush lol. Grade: A
14. Sauna Therapy- This therapy I noticed clears up my sinuses right after I exit the sauna. I recommend you just buy your own sauna and leave it in your garage though, instead of using the gyms sauna, because there was always some weirdo at 24hour fitness. Who wants to talk to some douchebag at 24hour fitness in the sauna when your detoxing right? I feel sauna therapy is better than oral chelation, because you only have to buy a sauna once, and you don't have to keep buying the chelation product over and over. Additionally, saunas don't make a big mess like clay baths do.
15. Rawfood Vegan- Due to my current level of spiritual development, and psychological condition, I don't have the discipline to stick to a rawfood vegan diet. But at least on the flip side when I avoid certain foods, I am not producing mucus out of my nose constantly.
16. Orthomolecular Therapy- I actually tried intravenous hydrogen peroxide, and ultraviolet blood irridiation, it provided some short term relief, but was to damn expensive for me to use long term. The stuff costs $120 per infusion, and it's simply out of reach of the average middle class person, and mostly only for the rich.
17. MMS Therapy- Tried it briefly, but could not stand the taste. Grade: D-
So in conclusion if you have the chronic laryngitis and copd types caused by infection, I would recommend going straight to the iodine therapy, magnesium therapy, and sauna therapy. That's what I noticed the biggest improvement using. Nebulized colloidal silver is okay, but I think iodine is better still, since you can just drink it in a few seconds, instead of spending 20 minutes nebulizing the CS. Plus the iodine stays in your system longer then the colloidal silver."
05/23/2012: Steve M from Brisbane, Qld replies: "Hi, I'm 47, male and have COPD. I've been a very heavy smoker for most of my adult life. I have asthma also. Recent xrays of my lungs, show all are clear. Having read this info, I have ordered some DMSO to try with my nebuliser at a 1:1 ratio with water or saline solution.
My only real concern, is if I DON'T have any (or much) tar in my lungs, will the DMSO be doing any damage to the surface of them?"
08/27/2012: Freda from Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada replies: "This message is for : Ted from Bangkok, Thailand 01/27/2008:. In your post RE: DMSO and MSM you say that it will help with copd, Can you specifically tell me if you still believe this and if you do can you give me the amounts to be taken. I have tried asking others for help to no avail. Do you still believe in this method will work for COPD???"
09/28/2012: Richard from Dallas, Texas replies: "Ted's nebulizer remedy for COPD. At 54 years old I have been smoking since in my mama's womb. With Ted recommending using DMSO cut with water in a nebulizer why not cut it with a H202 (hydrogen peroxide) solution?
I just began on this date cutting 90% DMSO with a 3% H202 solution and rubbing it on my chest/lung area with hopes of breaking up the tar in my lungs. (I understand that there has been tremendous success with emphysema patients through intravenous H202, however I can not afford this route at this time. ) This 3% was made from cutting 35% food grade H202 with distilled water. I also add 2oz of full 35% H202 to 1 (glass) gallon of distilled water for drinking.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE THE 3% H202 FROM A PHARMACY AS THEY CONTAIN CHEMICAL STABILIZERS.
I have yet to use the nebulizer but will begin experiments today as explained by Ted. As a side note I also take 3 - 50mg of niacin (the flushing kind) every 3 hours to open up my capillaries and thereby getting more blood/oxygen throughout my li'l ol' body. This is a fascinating vitamin. Be careful with how much you take as it causes increased blood flow and thereby may cause you to turn red.
To your health quest,
Richard - Dallas, Texas"
12/30/2012: Linda from Deming, NM, USA replies: "From this post I cannot locate any reference to anyone actually using this therapy and the results and side effects if any. Could ANYONE who has tried the dmso nebulized please post relevant results. My husbands health is fragile and I am hesitant to try this until I can see if anyone has had success or problems. Thanks to anyone who can update this subject. Linda"
01/17/2013: Tricia from West Newfield, Maine replies: "Hi Ted, I was wondering what the right dose for dmso in a nebulizer. I'm a 44 year old female, 5'1" 105lbs. Also want to know how often and how long I should do this treatment.Thank you for your help. Tricia"